No, a tenant cannot make a “partial payment” of rent with ClearNow (www.ClearNow.com). When ClearNow automatically debits a tenant’s bank account, either the entire amount of rent is successfully debited or nothing is debited.
For a landlord or property manager, ClearNow’s prevention of a “partial payment” of rent is a very good thing. As many real estate lawyers will advise (for example in this article: http://www.hometownlawfirm.com/attention-landlords-think-twice-before-accepting-a-partial-rent-payment-from-your-tenant/), accepting partial payment can mean that you are effectively waiving your right to evict a tenant – which is the most powerful leverage you have to receive rent payment.
ClearNow’s prevention of “partial payments” is superior to other methods of payment that landlords employ. For example, if a landlord provides deposit slips to their bank account to tenants or has tenants pay when they choose through bill payment, the tenant has the ability to make a partial payment of rent.
Yes! ClearNow does not have any tenant minimum. In other words, whether you are a landlord with one tenant or 200 tenants, you can absolutely use ClearNow! Collecting rent efficiently will save you time, and time is money. ClearNow recognizes that collecting rent from one tenant is just as important as collecting rent from hundreds of tenants.
Regardless of size, all landlords enjoy the same ClearNow benefits:
- Flat fee pricing: Debit tenants monthly, semimonthly, or biweekly – make it convenient for you and your tenants.
- Income & expense tracking: Track income and expense items within your ClearNow account for no additional cost!
- Live, dedicated, and knowledgeable customer support: We are here to serve you, so call us toll free at (919) 680-4500 or email us at Support@ClearNow.com.
What is the best solution for landlords to track income and expenses? Some are more expensive than others, and some are more complicated then others. Before spending any money or investing a lot of time to learn, why don’t you try ClearNow’s income and expense tracking?
In December 2014, we introduced our income and expense tracking capability where landlords can record income and expenses within their ClearNow accounts. If you use ClearNow to collect rent online, then the rents collected and the service fees paid are automatically recorded. You can record other income and expense items as you wish – very easily! One of the reports we provide is a schedule E helper to assist landlords with completing the 1040 schedule E making tax time a breeze!
We do not charge for income and expense tracking, so if you don’t want to use ClearNow for electronic rent collection, you can still use it for tracking income and expenses. Give us a call to learn more!
ClearNow is EXPERIENCED
- ClearNow has been serving landlords, property managers, and tenants since 2000 with a perfect BBB rating.
- ClearNow serves landlords and property managers of ALL sizes (1+ properties).
- Rent is always directly deposited 3 banking days after the debit day.
ClearNow is INNOVATIVE
- Tenants can build a credit history by having ClearNow furnish their ClearNow rent payment data to Experian and PRBC.
- Property managers can use ClearNow’s owner proceeds feature to directly deposit rent to the owners’ bank accounts.
- Landlords can track income and expenses – Makes the 1040 Schedule E a breeze!
ClearNow is AT YOUR SERVICE:
- Live and knowledgeable customer support is available Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm ET.
- Call ClearNow at 919-680-4500 or email Support@ClearNow.com.
- Tenants do not need a computer to use ClearNow. Tenants pay rent automatically – no need to remember to schedule payments!
Over the past month both WilliamPaid and SparkRent have announced that they are shutting down their online rent payment services. As a result, ClearNow has received a number of new customers transitioning from these services.
We really appreciate you choosing ClearNow! As you know, ClearNow has been in business since 2000, so we’re celebrating our 15th year of providing electronic rent collection services. We’re looking forward to providing you with the stability, reliability, excellent customer service, and continuous innovation (owner proceeds, income/expense tracking, reporting tenant payments to Experian RentBureau, etc…) that ClearNow customers have enjoyed over many years.
We’re starting 2015 with a new way – this blog – to communicate more about ClearNow to new, existing, and soon-to-be customers!
ClearNow (www.ClearNow.com) is a service that allows landlords and property managers to easily collect rent electronically from their tenants. ClearNow has served landlords, property managers, and their tenants since 2000, and we have pioneered many facets of online rent payments:
- Owner proceeds: ClearNow enables a property manager to easily deposit collected rent directly to their owners.
- Schedule E Helper Report: ClearNow provides landlords with an easy way to record and manage their income and expense data including a Schedule E helper report to guide them with their tax preparation.
The ClearNow Blog is dedicated to providing information about ClearNow to make the service easy to understand and navigate. While super simple to setup and use, we have discovered some customers often do not realize the full power of their ClearNow account. We hope this blog will serve as an enjoyable guide to getting more out of ClearNow.